Safe Swiss Cloud takes many steps to ensure the security of our customer’s data and computing resources:
- Keep the operating systems on the all the hosts of our cloud systems up to date.
- Two factor authentication TFA for access to cloud management systems.
- Keeping the cloud systems up to date.
- Physical security at the data centres.
- Regular network scans to detect irregularities.
- Regular employee security training.
- Regular reviews of access rights.
In addition, customers who delegate (parts of) their IT Operations to Safe Swiss Cloud benefit from the following:
- Anti-Malware installed on the customer’s servers.
- Security Operations Center (SOC): monitoring with daily review of security events.
- Regular backups to separate, independent systems which are out of reach for Ransomware.
- Managed firewalls.
- Penetration tests and vulnerability scans.
- Two factor authentication TFA for access to customer’s servers (VMs).
- Regular security updates (“patching”) of customer servers (VMs).
- Proactive customer confirmation of allowed users.
The above and our internal security processes are documented according to ISO 27001, 27017, 27018. They are audited and certified annually.